Putting Your Property On The Market
NETWORKING AND MARKETING
It is essential to network and market effectively in order to get a wide enough audience to sell your property. By signing a listing agreement with an Agent, you are passing on the responsibility of advertising and marketing your property to perspective buyers. Your agent will be responsible for the following:
- Ask you what type of buyer you want to buy your property and thus advertise accordingly.
- Offer staging tips so that your property looks its best.
- Take attractive photos to best showcase the attributes and hide the flaws of your property.
- Create an MLS data sheet which includes all the information regarding your property.
- Upload your listing on MLS so that other realtors will be able to find it via search.
- Uploading advertisements on other websites such as online classifieds and personal websites to help widen the audience.
- Set up viewings with prospective buyers and agents of buyers.
- Put up “for sale” signs if necessary.
- Network with other professionals to sell the property quickly.
- Setting up open houses so that a larger volume of buyers or agents can view the property at the same time. This creates traffic. However, open-houses are not entirely necessary, as properties are likely to sell without having one.
When working with a realtor, they will be taking care of all these aspects. You will not have to lift a finger!